27 May 2008

Lincoln

"Travel: US Cities to Visit" item number seven is Lincoln, Nebraska.

When I decided to move back to New York, I also decided to do it by driving across the country by myself. I've only just bought my car, after all, and if the thing will actually make it all the way back to New York, it would be great to have it. I really do need a car there.

Anyway, since I was going to drive so I could take my time, I thought I'd also use the opportunity to get a thing or two accomplished for 101 Things in 1001 Days. I arranged to stay a couple of days with my best friend in Nebraska, to hang out with her and see a couple of things in the city.

The original plan was to arrive on Friday (May 23) evening and leave on Tuesday (May 27) morning. But on Sunday I had a bit of an accident and wound up popping my knee out of joint, spraining my ankle and breaking two toes. I couldn't get out to do anything and I can't put pressure on a gas pedal for hours yet, either, so my stay is going to be longer than planned. We did go out yesterday and drove around and saw the city. But I really wanted to go to the state museum. We'll do that on Friday and if my foot is feeling up to it, I'll probably head out for New York again on Saturday.

I've been invited to stay for as long as I like, though. So who knows?

No comments: